Waterloo Tai Chi club introduction and recent events

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

积分
发表于 2022-11-13 10:59:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
About us
The Waterloo Tai Chi club was founded in 2016. We have been providing Tai Chi training courses to local communities since then. Number of participants has been more than 500 counts.

Serving the communities is one of our club missions. We participated in community events by offering numerous performances in retirement homes, Chinese New Year gala, the Waterloo Public Library Moon Festival (see tweets from Officer Dave Chen and WPL)and the Oktoberfest Parade (take a look at 5:30 of this YouTube video).More previous activities and pictures can be found in our web page.

Training courses and activities

We offer Tai Chi training courses weekly on Thursday night. Please see the following for recent previous courses and activities
   2024 Spring Tai Chi training courses

2023 Fall Tai Chi training courses

Tai Chi Club Open Day 2023

Tai Chi Public Outdoor Practicing Activities 2023

2023 Spring Tai Chi training courses

Please contact us for a free trial of a training course.

Weekly indoor practice sessions
In practice session, participants practice different kind of Tai Chi. Instructors would give advice to individuals from time to time.

Seniors who are 55 years old or above are free of charge.

People younger than 55 are also welcome to have a free trial and then decide to either pay the club fee ($50/year) or join a training course which includes this practice session.

Time:    every Thursday from 8:30pm to 9:15pm
Place: Mount Zion Lutheran Church, 29 Westmount Rd South, Waterloo
               Enter from the side door and look for Norman Lange auditorium.

FAQs
1)     I have vacation plans and might miss someclasses, will there be any make-up classes?
We will review the missed classes and provide you with some make-up suggestions to follow/practice during the club activity time. Just report to the instructor in advance.
2)     Do I need to prepare special Tai Chi clothing?
There is no specific dressing code, but we recommend comfortable and breathable clothing and soft-soled shoes.
3)     Can I take the course if I don’t have any Tai Chi experience?
Basically our courses are suitable for trainees with no experience. Trainees with some experience will also find this course helpful. Some advanced one, such as the 56 form Tai Chi course, would be suitablefor trainees with more Tai Chi experience. But we've seen people without experience started with the advanced one. What they need were more practice.
4)     How intensive is the course?
The Yang-style Tai Chi, such as 24 form, 42 form and 48 form, consists of slow, steady and soft movements and is suitable formost trainees. The Chen-style Tai Chi, such as 56 form, consists of moderately fast and intensive movements and is suitable forexperienced trainees.
5)     Can I try before signing up for a class?
Yes, please contact us to arrange a free trial.

Feel free to email us if you have questions: taichiwaterloo@gmail.com

Follow us
回复

使用道具 举报

• | 会员服务 | 赞助商服务 | 技术 联系站长  webmaster@waterloocca.com | 咨询 inquiry@waterloocca.com
  • Copyright © 2007-2017 Waterloo Region Chinese Canadian Association 滑铁卢地区华人联合会 All rights reserved.

QQ|小黑屋|手机版 Mobile|Waterloo Region Chinese Canadian Association

GMT-5, 2024-4-25 08:04 AM , Processed in 0.074056 second(s), 21 queries .